At ADR British Columbia (ADRBC), we are committed to providing effective alternative dispute resolution services. We understand the importance of selecting the right mediator or arbitrator who specializes in your specific dispute.
To initiate the referral or appointment process, please carefully follow the guidelines below. By submitting the necessary details on the request form, you will set the stage for a constructive and timely resolution.
What Information You Need to Provide:
- Parties’ Information: The names, complete addresses, and email addresses of all parties involved, including their respective legal representatives or counsels.
- Arbitration/Mediation Clause: provide a COPY of the arbitration or mediation CLAUSE (not the entire agreement), or confirmation that the parties have agreed to resolve the dispute by ADR.
- Dispute Details: specify the location of the dispute, offer a concise summary of the matters in dispute, and indicate the disputed amount.
- Type of Dispute: categorize the dispute type, choosing from:
- Commercial dispute: for disputes such as construction, lease, partnership, contract, insurance, motor vehicle, and more.
- Family dispute: related to separation, divorce, assets, custody, and related matters.
- Strata dispute: in the matter of the Strata dispute, the Strata Corporation number must be provided, along with a Request Form to Start a Proceeding, the Claimant must also provide Form L (completed by the Claimant) and Form M (completed by the Respondent). Please refer to the pdf link on the footer of this page and additional info you can find it here.
How to Submit: Please fill out the Request Form for Referral/Appointment, which is accessible through the PDF link located in the footer of this page. If there is any additional required information as outlined in the request form, please ensure to attach it to the same form. Once completed, kindly submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Auto Insurance Material Damage Arbitration: (see PDF in the footer of this page)
If you wish to apply for Arbitration, please contact your claims representative and request a Vehicle Arbitration Joint Application, since the Auto Insurer Vehicle Damage Arbitration forms are the property of the auto insurer involved. Once your Joint Application Form is completed and co-signed by both the insured vehicle owner and the insurer’s handling claims representative, it can be submitted to email@example.com. On receipt of a completed and co-signed Joint Application, ADRBC will open a file and issue a Joint Acknowledgment to the Parties within ten (10) regular business days.
Payment Options: payments can be made by cheque, credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard), and e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any inquiries about the e-transfer payment process, please contact your bank.
For further guidance and information, please explore the additional resources available below.