The ADRBC is a community of ADR professionals working together to generate business opportunities, obtain professional development, and demonstrate the benefits of ADR by upholding the highest standards of ADR practice.
Users of ADR services are warned to steer clear of unaffiliated practitioners, so membership in the ADRBC is a competitive advantage that sets you apart from ADR practitioners who are not associated with a regulatory organization.
Other benefits of membership with the ADRBC include:
- Networking and educational opportunities;
- Opportunities to serve on committees and the ADRBC Board;
- Business opportunities, provincially as well as nationally through ADRIC;
- Advertising opportunities, including a listing on ADR Connect, the national database of members from which the public may select the ADR practitioner of his or her choice;
- Updates and information about the ADR community;
- Competitively priced insurance for arbitrators and mediators
- Input into the development of ADR policy by government
How to Join the ADRBC
To join the Institute, fill out the application for membership form and membership dues. All fees are refunded if the application is not approved.
Membership: $346.50 incl GST ($220 ADRBC + $110 ADR Institute of Canada fee + 5% GST)
Non-practicing member: $75 plus GST
Associate (Individual): $220 plus GST
Associate (Corporate): $300 plus GST
(Referable, C.Arb., C.Med., Q.Arb., Q.Med., C.Fam.Arb. and Q.Fam.Arb. applicants require additional forms to be completed)
When the Institute is asked by clients to provide names of members for appointment as a mediator or an arbitrator, the Institute will, on a rotation basis, select from the ADRBC Arbitrator or Mediator Rosters, based on experience, expertise and nature of the dispute.
In addition to referrals for appointment, the Institute appoints, on a rotation basis, the Roster Arbitrator in ICBC and Economical Insurance document-only cases, where parties have failed to reach agreement relating to the value of vehicles written off and for other types of losses.
An appointment fee will be invoiced to the member who accepts an appointment, who must remit it to the Institute within 60 days of the appointment. The fee is $100 plus GST for ICBC & Economical Insurance files. The Appointment Fee is also $100 plus GST for commercial files where the amount in dispute is under $100,000 and $200 plus GST for files disputing amounts over $100,000.
All members are entitled to display the ADRIC logo in connection with their ADR practice.