The ADRBC was incorporated under the Societies Act of British Columbia in March 1980. Its name was changed in March 1988 to British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute, and in October 2016 changed to the ADR Institute of British Columbia (ADRBC).
Comprised of over 250 member Arbitrators and Mediators throughout BC and the Yukon, experienced in all professional fields, the Institute is a multifaceted organization that provides:
- Arbitration and Mediation training programs
- National designations for its members
- Referral and appointment services for arbitrators, mediators, clients and the public
- Information on ADR and a member database search resource for the public
- Annual Symposium and other professional development and networking events for ADR professionals
All members must abide by the Institute’s ADRBC Code of Ethics.
The Institute is a Regional affiliate of the ADR Institute of Canada Inc. Check out the ADRIC web site at www.adric.ca
NB: The Institute does not set rates for its members, except where the arbitrator or the mediator has been accepted for a specific program and has agreed to a set fee; SBOT (Surrey Board of Trade), ICBC (Insurance Corporation of BC), Economical Insurance, if appointed for that program.