Why should you take the Mediation Training Program?
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
For those who already have 40 hours of ADR training from a recognized program or institution, successful completion of the National Mediation course enables you to apply for the Qualified Mediator (Q.Med) designation with the ADR Institute of Canada.
Having your Qualified Mediator designation is a national designation you can be proud to display on your Curriculum Vitae. It shows that you have put the time and energy to develop your communication and conflict management skills that will serve you and others well.
These are the required steps toward gaining this designation:
- Successful completion of the ADR Institute of Canada’s (ADRIC) National Introductory Mediation Course which includes a written exam and a full mediation evaluated assessment. This course constitutes 40 hours of the education; plus
- An additional 40 hours of specialized mediation training as described on ADRIC’s website here; plus
- An additional supervised and assessed full mediation or two actual mediations (paid or unpaid).
ADRBC is the only training institution in British Columbia who supports its members who aspire to obtain this designation by providing the opportunity to complete fee paid mediations in order to gain experience and develop confidence.
Members with Q.Med designations who wish to obtain their National Chartered (C.Med) designation are required to conduct 15 fee paid mediations.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS
This robust course provides 42 hours of ADR Training, as well as 42 CPD credits at The Law Society of BC. It is strongly recommended that participants have foundational ADR skills training prior to registering for our National Mediation Course.
What does this course entail?
Designed to comply with the ADR Institute of Canada’s education & experience requirement for those interested in applying for their Qualified Mediator Designation, this robust course provides 40 hours of Basic Mediation Training comprising of:
- Interest-based Mediation Process and Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication Skills
- Written exam
- Self & Peer assessments
- 1 Supervised & Evaluated role play
Coffee/Tea, and water provided. Lunch is not included.